With extensive experience as a bandleader, soloist, and freelance jazz and pop musician, guitarist / vocalist Lisa Sanchez is a perennial on the San Francisco Bay Area music scene. She has performed in many different settings including clubs, concerts, hotels, restaurants, theater bands, recordings, and commercials. Highlights include a seven year run with her own trio at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco; pit work with the Urban Theater, Julian Theater, and Theater on the Square; a CD recording, Vocalist/Guitarist (1990); and seventeen consecutive years in the entertainment line up of the People in Plazas concert series in San Francisco. She has been employed by many of the major entertainment agencies in the Bay Area including Premiere Productions, Entertainment Knightly, Innovative Entertainment and Hornblower Cruises. Her latest CD titled Lisa Sanchez / Jon Eriksen Quartet has just been released.
Lisa studied guitar with Dave Smith, Duncan James and Warren Nunes and voice with Jane Sharp and Mark Murphy. She holds a B.A. in music from San Francisco State University where she was a member of the music faculty from 1996-2004. She is currently on the teaching staff of Gryphon Stringed Instruments in Palo Alto and also teaches guitar and music classes for the Stanford Continuing Studies Program.
Lisa Sanchez Productions offers:
- Jazz, pop, and light classical solo guitar with or without vocals, and 2-6 piece jazz and variety ensembles.
- Small project recording studio in San Francisco with arranging, composition and production services available
- Music copying for lead sheets and parts using Finale engraving program
- Guitar lessons at Gryphon Stringed Instruments, Palo Alto, CA
- Music classes at Stanford University Continuing Studies Program